Pre-School Phonics Class
A playful introduction to sounds and reading for 3-4 year olds and their parents/carers
• Teacher led class
• Songs and rhymes
• Puppet games
• Jolly Phonics
• 1:1 classes available
Parking is free in the local streets – there are no restrictions at the time of the class.
• These playful and interactive classes are friendly and fun for children and their parents/carers. We play listening games with puppets and props and introduce letter sounds through actions, rhymes, songs and stories. They are great fun for children and really useful for parents/carers to understand how phonics is taught as an introduction to reading and writing.
• We play games that encourage listening and attention skills and also promote fine motor development.
• The classes are run by Helen who is a Primary and Early Years Teacher who has taught children from Reception up to the end of Primary School. Helen is also a qualified Norland nanny and spent many years taking children to pre-school classes herself.
• The children will learn new songs and rhymes supported by actions to learn their new sounds.
• We use several named puppets and soft toys which the children love to find as they enter the class each week.
• The sounds are learnt with the popular ‘Jolly Phonics’ programme which is a fun and interactive method of learning sounds with several books and resources available for you to use at home.
• 1:1 classes are also available for Pre-School and Primary aged children.